Thursday, September 10, 2009

What is it about Milpitas?

What is it about Milpitas? I swear this place causes the most irritation for me in my commute. When I was commuting from San Jose, Milpitas was the city where I ALWAYS hit stop and go traffic. Now commuting to Sunnyvale, Milpitas is still a major road block. It adds the most about of time to and from work.

I’ve noticed that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the most congested days of the week for Highway 237. Why is that? Is there some party or event that I didn’t get the memo for? If so, can someone forward that to me so I can avoid it in my commute?

And have your SMELLED Milpitas? YUCK. Those that haven’t be grateful! Very Grateful! I know it use to be a landfill, but I think the city council should invest in some air fresheners, like a city wide Fabreeze. I like the smell of Fabreeze. =)

At least I can say I don’t live in Milpitas…sorry to those of you that do. I still love you.

Do you have any horror stories about Milpitas?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't smelled Milpitas before, so I''m grateful. And I agree, Fabreeze is definitely a freshener of choice. Your material is hilarious even if I don't own a car, nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No horror stories of Milpitas, especially since I don't live in the Bay anymore, but I ride the 10 freeway here in Socal, and it is the most annoying freeway! The reason I say this is because though I go against traffic, around El Monte, where I work, there is always traffic, and I really think it is because the area has a lot of asians and hispanics, and they drive super slow!!! I am always screaming at them from my car...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yah, and Milpitas stinks cuz of the dump site near Dixon Landing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, 237 has to be the worst highway in the bay area (not sure if it can even be classified as a highway). When I was commuting from Mt. View to Concord, I intially took 237 to 680. But then I started taking San Tomas to 680 just to avoid 237 AND Milpitas

    ReplyDelete
  5. San Tomas. I need to learn that way! I go 237 to 680 too. We shall talk more off line!

    ReplyDelete